The one with ace twitcher and all-round good sport Garry Bagnell where we reveal how well the panel did predicting this spring’s vagrants (the figure 100% comes up!), read part of ‘Spurn’ a short poem by Matt Merritt, talk about our favourite ever twitches, rant about the extraordinary and shocking number of birds killed on Cyprus in 2010, and – of course – talk to Garry about his starring role in the BBC’s ‘Twitchers: A very British Obsession’ programme and THAT t-shirt…
NB: All opinions and views expressed by an individual panel member and/or guest during a Conference Calls podcast are those of the individual speaker alone, and are not to be taken as being held by or representative of any other individual, organisation, or sponsor unless specifically identified as such during the recording of that podcast.
And your Panel today consists of…
- Me, Charlie Moores, a freelance writer and podcaster (and now sadly intermittent birder) who either lives in a warm little cottage in north Wiltshire with his family or in a cold ‘podding shed’ editing an endless series of podcasts.
- John Hague, a birding psychiatric nurse from Barnsley who now lives in Leicester where he’s a prominent member of the Leicester and Rutland Ornithological Society: John blogs extensively at The Drunkbirder where he rants “about the world and the absurdities of life” and “uses some very strong language“. All good stuff…so get blogging John!
- Tom McKinney, the Derbyshire-based birder and award-winning musician who founded The House of Bedlam and gigs as part of Tango 5, and author of the much-missed Skills Bills blog. Tom now blogs weekly at Birdingblogs.com/TomMcKinney.
- Garry Bagnell’s blog: Garry Bagnell’s Birding World
- ‘Twtchers: A very British Obsession”: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vnflv (no longer available online – let’s start a campaign now!)#
- Matt Merritt’s ‘Spurn’ and other poetry can be heard at: www.poetcasting.co.uk/?p=74
- BirdLife Cyprus: http://www.birdlifecyprus.org/
- Dan Rhoad’s blog ‘Migrations’: http://migration.wordpress.com/
- Talking Naturally podcast with Martin Hellicar, Director of BirdLife Cyprus: http://www.talking-naturally.co.uk/tn005-martin-hellicar-birdlife-cyprus/
Click here to subscribe to Talking Naturally on iTunes. It’s free!
Would you like to connect with our audience?
Talking Naturally is growing all the time. If you or your organisation would like to sponsor a podcast package and reach around 350,000 wildlife enthusiasts per month, why not drop Digital Spring an email. email@example.com