The one about gulls, more gulls, and even more gulls with British Birds Records Committee member and identification expert Martin ‘Birding Frontiers’ Garner. We talk Iceland Gulls, Caspian Gulls, the least inspiring gull on the British list, the best gull in the world, Varanger gulls, etc etc
NB: All opinions and views expressed by an individual panel member and/or guest during a Conference Calls podcast are those of the individual speaker alone, and are not to be taken as being held by or representative of any other individual, organisation, or sponsor unless specifically identified as such during the recording of that podcast.
Martin Garners’s Birding Frontiers’ website is at: http://birdingfrontiers.com/
And your Panel today is…
- Charlie Moores, a freelance writer and podcaster (and now sadly intermittent birder) who either lives in a warm little cottage in north Wiltshire with his family or in a cold ‘podding shed’ editing an endless series of podcasts that more and more people appear to now be listening to.
- Tristan Reid, aka ‘binocularface’, a conservationist and well-known member of the Brit birding and twitching scene (to quote from Tristan’s binocularface blog “Some may call me obsessive; but I love to see rare and scarce birds and will travel anywhere within the UK and Ireland to see them!”) who lives in Cumbria.
- John Hague, a birding psychiatric nurse from Barnsley who now lives in Leicester where he’s a prominent member of the Leicester and Rutland Ornithological Society. John blogs extensively at The Drunkbirder where he rants “about the world and the absurdities of life“.
- Tom McKinney, the Derbyshire-based birder and award-winning musician who founded The House of Bedlam and gigs as part of Tango 5, and author of the much-missed Skills Bills blog. Tom now blogs weekly at Birdingblogs.com/TomMcKinney.
- Nick Moran, an expat Yorkshireman living in Norfolk, where he runs BirdTrack at the BTO. Nick spent most of the noughties birding and occasionally teaching Biology in China and the UAE; he is an OSME Council member and secretary and voting member on the Emirates Bird Records Committee which keeps him in touch with Middle East birding.
Join in the discussion about The Conference Calls on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/theconferancecalls/
Click here to subscribe to Talking Naturally on iTunes.